Our Community Guidelines are always available at the footer of every page and on their dedicated page, but we’ve included them here so you can find them easily as well. We’ll also provide a log of updates to these guidelines in the subsequent replies.
Please note that in the event there is a mismatch between the guidelines published here and the terms page, the terms page will apply.
Welcome to the Console Connect community. You’ve found where you can connect with other developers using Console Connect, representatives from our partners, and people who work on Console Connect itself. This is a place where you can talk about any aspect of using the Console Connect app, whether you’re a prospective member, an existing user looking for advice on how to set up your connections, or if you’re interested in news and developments within the sector. If it’s even tangentially relevant, you can talk about it here.
The Console Connect community team’s role is to maintain and encourage an environment where professionals can share knowledge. Our community managers will be in touch to learn about you, your company, and what you’re using or could use Console Connect for. We want to get to know you and make sure you can achieve your goals with us and other Console Connect members.
This community is a professional space you share with colleagues from lots of other businesses. We expect you to conduct yourself accordingly. Remember that you’re representing your team and your business.
Binding Guidelines for the use of the Console Connect Community App
- Share your knowledge and your expertise, and help other people out.
- Be kind, constructive and welcoming.
- Approach conversations in good faith.
- Communicate the best you can.
- Post illegal material or encourage others to break the law.
- Post material that other members may find offensive. Bear in mind that this is an international platform and that individuals from different jurisdictions may have different views from you about what they consider offensive.
- Post anything discriminatory. This includes, but is not limited to, content that may be considered homophobic, racist, sexist, transphobic, or xenophobic.
- Post any private personal information, either about yourself or anyone else.
- Post spam marketing. We understand talking about products and features that you or your company offer is a natural part of professional conversations, but keep it in context. The community is not intended as a sales channel.
Content posted on the community is written by community members that are not employees of Console Connect, unless indicated. Console Connect accepts no responsibility for the content posted by community members. Members are responsible for their own content. Please self-regulate and do not post any personal information that you do not want to be visible publicly.
Content posted by community members on the Console Connect community remains the intellectual property of the original owner. By posting content on the community, you grant Console Connect a perpetual, non-revocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive non-transferable licence to store, use, modify, adapt and display this content.
If you have a complaint about another member’s conduct, please use the Flag feature in the menu next to every piece of Community content to alert a Community Manager. If it is not in relation to any particular piece of content, you can raise it directly with a Community Manager through a private message. The staff member who receives the report will investigate and take action if necessary within two working hours of receipt of the report.
If you have a complaint about a Community Manager’s decision, first, discuss that decision directly with the Community Manager in private messages. If the outcome of that discussion is not satisfactory, you can raise it with the senior Community staff. Any Community staff member will be able to connect you with their direct manager. Do not raise disputes with community moderation decisions in the public community.
The Community team does not have oversight on Console Connect services. Issues with or feedback about Console Connect services are best addressed by our support team.
This page was last updated on October 19th, 2022.